In the spotlight: Albertson's LLC hungry for more after United Supermarkets buy
Albertson's LLC has had a transformative year. The private-equity owned company is investing in trying to elevating its growth trajectory. A significant step in this direction was made when the group acquired the remaining Albertsons stores - and rights to the Albertsons name - from SuperValu, along with the Jewel-Osco, Acme, Shaw's and Star Market chains. Last week's acquisition of United Supermarkets builds on that foundation and comes as further evidence the firm, and its financial backers, are committed to driving growth through M&A. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch