Talking shop: Aldi will face pressure from UK Big Four in 2014
Reporting a whopping 31% increase in its Christmas sales and the busiest ever festive period since opening in the UK, Aldi was no stranger to celebration last week. However, the discount giant is likely to see its major rivals, smarting from losing share, up their game in 2014. Hannah Abdulla reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- ConAgra sells two bakeries to Alpha Baking
- ABF takes Patak's into frozen ready meals category