Focus: Allied Bakeries aims to halt sliced white decline
White bread sales are the largest component of the UK bakery sector. But sales of white bread are in structural decline. Associated British Foods' bread business, Allied Bakeries, believes it has developed a product that can help reverse this trend and bring consumers back to sliced white. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier sales slide but trading profit improves
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- Unilever to close Florida ice cream plant