Amazon analysed, Woolworths rejigs own label in Australia, Metro Group demerges - retail round-up, March 2016
March was a month in which Tesco and Woolworths announced notable moves on private label, in part, analysts said, driven by the rise of discount retail in the UK and Australia. The sector also saw Metro Group set out plans to split in two and heard Amazon touted as a significant player in US food and beverage by the turn of the next decade.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week