Functional Foods : An Overview
Functional foods: while the term may sound very millennium, you have undoubtedly seen, if not tried some yourself. Functional foods are of course still foods, but they have been designed, to offer a particular health benefit over and above the traditional nutrients they contain.As nutrition science is moving from the concept of "adequate nutrition" to "optimal nutrition", new food products, which have the potential to improve mental and physical wellbeing and which may also reduce the risk of diseases, are being developed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival