Talking shop: Auchan takes on Metro's Real eastern Europe division
Under-pressure German retail giant Metro Group has sold off another tranche of stores, with French peer Auchan taking on the bulk of its Real hypermarkets outside Germany. Michelle Russell looks at why Metro has offloaded the stores and why Auchan has added more hypermarkets - a format under scrutiny - to its network.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez