Bimbo and Gruma to expand Mexico's bread war
Mexico's leading breadmakers, Bimbo and Grupo Maseca (GRUMA) have been engaged in a market battled referred to as "the Mexican bread war" for the past three years. The stakes are expected to rise later this year when Gruma expands into the Central Mexico market. Both companies are also struggling to overcome difficulties in their foreign activities, reports Steve Lewis
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant