Bimbo in firing line amid Mexican obesity crisis
Mexico is a country battling rising rates of obesity and the country's government has been busy trying to encourage its citizens to eat healthily. However, the food industry is under the microscope with consumer groups analysing the impact manufacturers have on the nation's health. Ivan Castano reports on the criticism facing Grupo Bimbo, the nation's largest baker, which stands accused of deceiving consumers with its bread labelling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1