Bimbo in firing line amid Mexican obesity crisis
Mexico is a country battling rising rates of obesity and the country's government has been busy trying to encourage its citizens to eat healthily. However, the food industry is under the microscope with consumer groups analysing the impact manufacturers have on the nation's health. Ivan Castano reports on the criticism facing Grupo Bimbo, the nation's largest baker, which stands accused of deceiving consumers with its bread labelling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund