On the money: Bullish Waitrose ready for battle
Upmarket UK grocer Waitrose has enjoyed another strong 12 months. Waitrose's reputation for quality has resonated in a polarised market, while the retailer has kept its eye on price with schemes such as brand match scheme targeting Tesco. Waitrose expects another solid year as the economy improves and is prepared to roll up its sleeves should Tesco sharpen its pricing pencil. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone UK ad banned over unauthorised claims
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS