On the money: Bullish Waitrose ready for battle
Upmarket UK grocer Waitrose has enjoyed another strong 12 months. Waitrose's reputation for quality has resonated in a polarised market, while the retailer has kept its eye on price with schemes such as brand match scheme targeting Tesco. Waitrose expects another solid year as the economy improves and is prepared to roll up its sleeves should Tesco sharpen its pricing pencil. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Seabrook Crisps chief on MBO
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu