On the money: Bullish Waitrose ready for battle
Upmarket UK grocer Waitrose has enjoyed another strong 12 months. Waitrose's reputation for quality has resonated in a polarised market, while the retailer has kept its eye on price with schemes such as brand match scheme targeting Tesco. Waitrose expects another solid year as the economy improves and is prepared to roll up its sleeves should Tesco sharpen its pricing pencil. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods