On the money: Bullish Waitrose ready for battle
Upmarket UK grocer Waitrose has enjoyed another strong 12 months. Waitrose's reputation for quality has resonated in a polarised market, while the retailer has kept its eye on price with schemes such as brand match scheme targeting Tesco. Waitrose expects another solid year as the economy improves and is prepared to roll up its sleeves should Tesco sharpen its pricing pencil. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- Kerry foods Q1 volumes lifted by NPD