On the money: Bullish Waitrose ready for battle
Upmarket UK grocer Waitrose has enjoyed another strong 12 months. Waitrose's reputation for quality has resonated in a polarised market, while the retailer has kept its eye on price with schemes such as brand match scheme targeting Tesco. Waitrose expects another solid year as the economy improves and is prepared to roll up its sleeves should Tesco sharpen its pricing pencil. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US