Canadian beef is safe, but the CFIA and the beef industry are missing the point
The latest Canadian BSE case coming out of Alberta was considered by industry pundits to be unwelcome but not unexpected. The CFIA has predicted that the new Canadian case will not affect trade with either Japan or the United States. Maybe so, but consumers should at least begin to speculate about whether their welfare is even considered in the equation, argues Sylvain Charlebois.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units