BRICs and beyond: Carrefour takes chance on Africa
French retail giant Carrefour has announced plans to expand further into Africa through a joint venture with consumer goods distributor CFAO. The deal will see it develop stores across eight countries and represents a new signal of intent from the world's second largest retailer as it looks to place an early marker down in what is becoming a fast growing emerging market. Michelle Russell takes a closer look.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious