BRICs and beyond: Carrefour takes chance on Africa
French retail giant Carrefour has announced plans to expand further into Africa through a joint venture with consumer goods distributor CFAO. The deal will see it develop stores across eight countries and represents a new signal of intent from the world's second largest retailer as it looks to place an early marker down in what is becoming a fast growing emerging market. Michelle Russell takes a closer look.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics