Talking shop: Carrefour's Guyenne et Gascogne dilemma
Carrefour, the world's second-biggest retailer, is set to buy its French retail franchise partner Guyenne et Gascogne in a deal worth nearly half a billion euros. The move raised eyebrows across the retail sector, considering the supermarket giant's domestic woes. Sam Webb reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform
- PepsiCo forecasts dip in sales growth in 2016
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods