Frozen Out: Chilled Food Boom Encroaches on Traditional Convenience Food Sectors
The spectacular success of the chilled convenience food market is contributing to a levelling off of sales of frozen ready meals, according to the latest issue of Retail Intelligence's product market monitor Consumer Goods UK. Other factors the report cites include lack of product innovation and low key promotion. Tackling these two issues has already brought modest returns - while the market has yet to recover to its 1996 peak, 1999 at least saw a return to growth (5% by volume) after two years of decline.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target