Frozen Out: Chilled Food Boom Encroaches on Traditional Convenience Food Sectors
The spectacular success of the chilled convenience food market is contributing to a levelling off of sales of frozen ready meals, according to the latest issue of Retail Intelligence's product market monitor Consumer Goods UK. Other factors the report cites include lack of product innovation and low key promotion. Tackling these two issues has already brought modest returns - while the market has yet to recover to its 1996 peak, 1999 at least saw a return to growth (5% by volume) after two years of decline.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti