In the spotlight: Cloetta and Leaf merger lauded by analysts
"This transaction makes industrial and strategic sense." So said Leaf International CEO Bengt Baron when on Friday he announced the Swedish confectioner's plans to merge with local rival Cloetta. The initial reaction from analysts is much the same. As Sam Webb reports, industry watchers believe the combined company will benefit from the increased number of markets in which it operates and a greater ability to deal with volatile commodity costs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations