Consolidation the name of the day in the UK food sector
The UK is a world leader in added value food and drink production and marketing. This does not mean it is immune to the threat, or opportunities, posed by sector consolidation. Since 2003 the UK food sector has seen over 150 receiverships, 200 deals and 300 businesses dissolve. Strength in size is the buzz around the industry and this looks unlikely to change. Catherine Sleep finds out more.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant