Consolidation the name of the day in the UK food sector
The UK is a world leader in added value food and drink production and marketing. This does not mean it is immune to the threat, or opportunities, posed by sector consolidation. Since 2003 the UK food sector has seen over 150 receiverships, 200 deals and 300 businesses dissolve. Strength in size is the buzz around the industry and this looks unlikely to change. Catherine Sleep finds out more.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses