Consolidation the name of the day in the UK food sector
The UK is a world leader in added value food and drink production and marketing. This does not mean it is immune to the threat, or opportunities, posed by sector consolidation. Since 2003 the UK food sector has seen over 150 receiverships, 200 deals and 300 businesses dissolve. Strength in size is the buzz around the industry and this looks unlikely to change. Catherine Sleep finds out more.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin