Analysis: Daelmans eyes Europe with Fabulous Bakin' Boys buy
It had been referred to as "the growth star of the UK cake market" but earlier this month, maker of cupcakes and flapjacks, Fabulous Bakin' Boys fell into financial strife and was recued from administration by Dutch bakery group Daelmans, which specialises in the production of coconut pastries and caramel wafers. But what has prompted the Dutch baker to swoop for the UK firm? just-food's Hannah Abdulla investigates
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops