In the spotlight: Dalton Philips set for Morrisons top job
The surprise appointment of Loblaw COO Dalton Philips as Morrisons chief executive has prompted a measured response in the market. Impressive CV aside, Philips remains a relatively unknown quantity in UK retailing, prompting analysts and investors alike to adopt a 'wait and see' approach. Nevertheless, the question on everyone's lips is whether Philips will usher in a new strategic direction at the UK's fourth-largest supermarket group. Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project