In the spotlight: Dalton Philips set for Morrisons top job
The surprise appointment of Loblaw COO Dalton Philips as Morrisons chief executive has prompted a measured response in the market. Impressive CV aside, Philips remains a relatively unknown quantity in UK retailing, prompting analysts and investors alike to adopt a 'wait and see' approach. Nevertheless, the question on everyone's lips is whether Philips will usher in a new strategic direction at the UK's fourth-largest supermarket group. Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife