Dietary Products Market Booms as Consumers Turn to Over the Counter Weight Loss Remedies
Datamonitor's new report finds that sales of dietary products, comprising dietary supplements and meal replacements for weight loss/weight control, have created a global market worth $6.8 billion, growing from $4.7 billion in 1996. Dietary products are no longer just for the overweight, as manufacturers are increasingly positioning their products for the 'weight maintenance' market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife