Dietary Products Market Booms as Consumers Turn to Over the Counter Weight Loss Remedies
Datamonitor's new report finds that sales of dietary products, comprising dietary supplements and meal replacements for weight loss/weight control, have created a global market worth $6.8 billion, growing from $4.7 billion in 1996. Dietary products are no longer just for the overweight, as manufacturers are increasingly positioning their products for the 'weight maintenance' market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast