Duty free and travel retail - bittersweet for confectioners
Tomorrow (19 October), the world's major confectioners flock to Cannes in the south of France for one of the highlights of the duty-free and travel-retail calendar the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition. The economic downturn has had a severe impact on the channel with worldwide travel numbers under pressure but, as Dean Best reports, there are reasons for confectioners to arrive on the French riviera less gloomy than others.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins