BRICs and beyond: E-tail could sidestep distribution challenge in China
Alibaba Group's massive IPO has underlined that the e-commerce trade in China is booming. Significantly for packaged food manufacturers, online retailers offer a way to circumvent some of the challenges of distribution in this massive market, enabling them to reach out directly to China's population base. However, the soaring popularity of such enterprises also means competition is intense. Food makers must battle to stand out in the crowded online marketplace. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk