Employees pay costs of food industry mergers and acquisitions
Unilever/Bestfoods, Pepsi/Quaker, Kraft/Nabisco... M&A activity has rarely been so intense. It often prompts job losses - good news for the stock price but shattering for employees. Paul Garver of the international trade union IUF discusses the impact of some of the recent mega-mergers charted on just-food.com - and outlines how some multinationals are working with unions to protect employee interests.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant