Food Additives - why do we need them?
Social changes in this century have caused a rapid evolution of the food supply in Europe and throughout the world. While a shrinking percentage of the population is engaged in primary food production, we demand more variety than ever before in the food we eat. With, a growing percentage of both two-wage and single-parent families, the demand for convenience foods has never been greater.Meeting consumer demands for variety and convenience with food products that are at the same time wholesome, safe and affordable can be achieved using modern food processing technology including a variety of food additives proven useful and safe through long use and rigorous testing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat