Food exports decline for second year in a row
The UK's food and drink export market has shown a decline in sales for the second consecutive year.
According to figures just released by Food from Britain, the international food and drink marketing consultancy, the value of exports dropped by five per cent in the last 12 months to £8.8bn.
However, this final figure is better than predicted and demonstrates that some of the UK's key worldwide export markets are starting to recover, say the FFB.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival