Food exports decline for second year in a row
The UK's food and drink export market has shown a decline in sales for the second consecutive year.
According to figures just released by Food from Britain, the international food and drink marketing consultancy, the value of exports dropped by five per cent in the last 12 months to £8.8bn.
However, this final figure is better than predicted and demonstrates that some of the UK's key worldwide export markets are starting to recover, say the FFB.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target