Food industry praised for health drive
EU health commissioner Markos Kyprianou last week praised the food industry for its efforts to tackle obesity at a controversial press conference in Brussels. The Cypriot commissioner faced a barrage of criticism from journalists over his apparent endorsement of companies such as McDonald's and Kraft that are still seen by many as the root of the obesity problem, but gave a vigorous defence of his actions. Chris Jones reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"