Global retail: Getting the bigger picture for profit growth
After the much-publicised panic over potential global economic slowdown, the worst already appears to be over. In the meantime, however, retailers are realising that expansion abroad may be the best way to avert a profit crisis. But what does this mean for suppliers? Last Wednesday's IGD Global Retailing conference faced up to the challenges of globalisation. Catherine Sleep was there to report back.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival