Global retail: Getting the bigger picture for profit growth
After the much-publicised panic over potential global economic slowdown, the worst already appears to be over. In the meantime, however, retailers are realising that expansion abroad may be the best way to avert a profit crisis. But what does this mean for suppliers? Last Wednesday's IGD Global Retailing conference faced up to the challenges of globalisation. Catherine Sleep was there to report back.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target