Uneasy Triangle: Gigante Management Falls Out with Unions over Membership
In 1999 Gigante, one of Mexico's leading supermarket chains, launched into the US. In its effort to unionise Gigante USA, the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) have recently made claims with which management begs to differ. Although management is at odds with statements made by the UFCW, it says it will not interfere with the decision of individual employees as to union membership. Steve Lewis examines the issue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO