GM Foods - Britain's Number One Food Safety Concern
A new report from Mintel reveals that almost 50% of adults consider GM foods to be the most worrying food safety concern. The hardening of public opinion on the issue of GM foods is highlighted, concern levels increasing by a significant 11 percentage points in just 8 months. In 1998, 36% of consumers found genetically modified food to be the food issue which they were most concerned about, this rose to 47% in 1999 - revealing how rapidly the debate over food safety has shifted in such a short period of time. Objection to GM foods is heightened by almost a fifth of adults who stated that they would never "knowingly eat or feed their family" anything containing genetically modified foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund