Healthy and premium products rule new bread introductions
In recent years the number of new bread products launched each year has risen. Health remains paramount, with wholegrain varieties increasingly common and functional and fortified products also gaining in popularity. On the other end of the scale, premium products, such as parmesan flavour bread and ciabatta, are also popular, and innovations in flavour look set to continue, as Mintel's Jenny Catlin reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast