In the spotlight: Heinz's prospects under 3G and Buffett
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the largest-ever deal in the sector. Dean Best looks at what could lie ahead for the US food giant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- PepsiCo H1 profits up, forecast raised
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- Australian dairy innovation "hub" targets Asia