In the spotlight: Heinz's prospects under 3G and Buffett
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the largest-ever deal in the sector. Dean Best looks at what could lie ahead for the US food giant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Gluten-free early-mover Mrs Crimble's plots future
- Nakd sale "attracts Burton's, Hain, Kellogg"
- Venezuela seizes Nestle, PepsiCo distribution hub
- Kerry launches premium cooked meat brand in UK
- Mondelez "cautiously optimistic" on China
- Bel international reach offsets Europe challenge