Hershey Q1 results, outlook and latest M&A - the top takeaways
Hershey's first-quarter results contained a triple whammy yesterday (26 April) as the confectioner reported falling sales and earnings, cuts to forecasts for 2016 and upped its cost savings targets from 2017. The company's results were hit by continued pressure in China and challenges in North America. Hershey, however, announced the acquisition of snacks brand BarkThins and, on a conference call with investors, the Reese's owner appeared confident it was taking the right steps to improve its performance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery