In the spotlight: Hershey's Allan Candy buy lends international stability
As The Hershey Co expands in international markets, attention has focused on high-growth opportunities such as China and Latin America. However, with macroeconomic factors weighing on its international performance this year, the company is wise to also pursue expansion in more stable overseas markets, such as Canada. While relatively small, last week's Allan Candy Co acquisition is a solid move from the US Reese's Pieces maker. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK