Focus: Hormel's acquisition of Skippy
The sale of Unilever's Skippy business was confirmed yesterday (3 January) when it was announced that the iconic peanut butter brand would find a new home with Hormel Foods. While Hormel clearly has big plans for Skippy, Unilever will be hoping that an increased focus will benefit its food portfolio. In part one of our two-part analysts, Katy Askew looks at how Hormel hopes the deal will benefit its bottom line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- UPDATE: Cutrale, Safra slam Chiquita rejection