Focus: Hormel's acquisition of Skippy
The sale of Unilever's Skippy business was confirmed yesterday (3 January) when it was announced that the iconic peanut butter brand would find a new home with Hormel Foods. While Hormel clearly has big plans for Skippy, Unilever will be hoping that an increased focus will benefit its food portfolio. In part one of our two-part analysts, Katy Askew looks at how Hormel hopes the deal will benefit its bottom line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea