Focus: Hormel's acquisition of Skippy
The sale of Unilever's Skippy business was confirmed yesterday (3 January) when it was announced that the iconic peanut butter brand would find a new home with Hormel Foods. While Hormel clearly has big plans for Skippy, Unilever will be hoping that an increased focus will benefit its food portfolio. In part one of our two-part analysts, Katy Askew looks at how Hormel hopes the deal will benefit its bottom line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez "cautiously optimistic" on China
- Unilever launches Magnum chocolates line
- Mondelez profits down but gives guidance boost