In the Spotlight - Associated British Foods
With a considerably improved set of full-year results, Associated British Foods (ABF) has brought vitality to a sector that has been somewhat battered by the deteriorating economic climate. While Primark, ABF's discount clothing unit, has reaped the benefits of the downturn, the company has focused on returning its bakery unit to profitability and building a strong foundation of grocery brands. Clearly, this strategy is starting to pay off. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs