In the Spotlight - Associated British Foods
With a considerably improved set of full-year results, Associated British Foods (ABF) has brought vitality to a sector that has been somewhat battered by the deteriorating economic climate. While Primark, ABF's discount clothing unit, has reaped the benefits of the downturn, the company has focused on returning its bakery unit to profitability and building a strong foundation of grocery brands. Clearly, this strategy is starting to pay off. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target