In the spotlight – Sara Lee
There has been much speculation in recent weeks about the future US food group Sara Lee. Plans to sell its North American bread business have been rumoured, a move some believe would herald a break-up of the business. This week, chairman and CEO Brenda Barnes stepped down after illness and the company issued its annual results, as well as an outlook for the first quarter of its next fiscal year that disappointed some analysts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes