Interbrand's biggest brand rankings
Interbrand, in partnership with BusinessWeek, today (18 September) published its annual list of the world's largest global brands by value. Here is how the food sector performed.
Coming in as the world's 34th largest brand, US cereal giant Kellogg was able to grow the value of its brand by 7% to US$10.43bn.
Ranked the world's 48th biggest brand, US ketchup giant Heinz increased its brand value by 7% to US$7.24bn during the period.
This year, Wrigley was ranked 51st in Interbrand's list. With strong brand growth of 10%, Wrigley - now under the stewardship of Mars - increased its brand value to US$6.73bn.
Nestlé, the world's largest food company, was ranked 58th in terms of brand value. The value of the Nestlé name increased to US$6.31bn, up 13%.
Ranked the world's 60th biggest brand, the value of the Danone brand increased 10% to US$5.96bn.
Just squeezing onto the list in position 100, Interbrand found the Campbell's brand is now worth US$3.08bn.
For Interbrand's full rankings, click here.
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Confectionery, Dairy, Emerging markets, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Meat & poultry, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Retailers, Seafood, Snacks
Those regulating the US food industry flexed their muscles this week with a series of warnings over "misleading" labels - much to the delight of consumer advocates....
With much of the eastern parts of the US hit by the coldest weather for years in recent weeks, soup makers would appear well-placed to prosper....
US retail giant Wal-Mart has unveiled plans to increase collaboration between its Sam's Club warehouse business and suppliers....
Kellogg is to discontinue its Nature's Pleasure muesli range in the UK just a year after the product was launched....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery