International Confectionery Industry - New Round of Consolidation?
Earlier this week Italian confectioner Perfetti acquired Dutch counterpart Van Melle, leading to speculation that the international confectionery industry is awaiting a new wave of consolidation. Cadbury, Nestlé, Kraft… the buyers are not hard to identify but who's on their shopping list, and what difficulties might they encounter? just-food.com's Karel Beckman investigates:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti