Talking shop: Is Wal-Mart's EDLP focus enough to drive sustained growth?
Wal-Mart's EDLP strategy has successfully driven sales growth in the second quarter, as shoppers across the globe increasingly seek out low prices. Significantly, the company was able to report that comparative sales were up in every market in which it operates. However, Katy Askew asks, is a focus on price alone enough to maintain this momentum in the longer-term?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Pinnacle efficiency helps profits amid flat sales