Issues at Asda, Couche-Tard M&A spree continues, Aeon eyes Myanmar - August retail round-up
August saw the announcement of an eighth consecutive quarter of declining sales at Asda, the UK arm of Wal-Mart. Across the Atlantic, Canada's Couche-Tard continued its deal-making. In Europe, France's Casino outlined plans to launch the Leader Price banner in Italy. And in Asia, Japan's Aeon indicated it plans to enter Myanmar and India's Future Group set out an expansion programme for its Nilgiris supermarket chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs