JBS seeks pastures new with a meaty one-two
Seeking pastures new has long been a key growth strategy for JBS, the Brazilian meat group. And last week, JBS continued its policy of growth through acquisition with the announcement of two proposed deals - one with US poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride and a second with fellow Brazilian family-owned company, Bertin. Dean Best looks at how JBS is set to become the world's largest meat processor.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin