Kerry still hungry for acquisitions despite Breeo blow
The Irish competition regulator's decision to block Kerry Group's acquisition of Breeo Foods will have come as a blow to a company that is looking to expand its business at home and abroad. By increasing the scale and breadth of its interests and consolidating manufacturing, Kerry is looking to sidestep some of the harsher effects of the global economic downturn. While the Breeo decision may have put a spanner in the works for Kerry, the company has indicated its intention to seek out further acquisition opportunities. Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units