Kerry still hungry for acquisitions despite Breeo blow
The Irish competition regulator's decision to block Kerry Group's acquisition of Breeo Foods will have come as a blow to a company that is looking to expand its business at home and abroad. By increasing the scale and breadth of its interests and consolidating manufacturing, Kerry is looking to sidestep some of the harsher effects of the global economic downturn. While the Breeo decision may have put a spanner in the works for Kerry, the company has indicated its intention to seek out further acquisition opportunities. Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival