Kerry still hungry for acquisitions despite Breeo blow
The Irish competition regulator's decision to block Kerry Group's acquisition of Breeo Foods will have come as a blow to a company that is looking to expand its business at home and abroad. By increasing the scale and breadth of its interests and consolidating manufacturing, Kerry is looking to sidestep some of the harsher effects of the global economic downturn. While the Breeo decision may have put a spanner in the works for Kerry, the company has indicated its intention to seek out further acquisition opportunities. Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant