BRICs and beyond: Lactalis enters India's promising - but challenging - dairy sector
Put next to China, there has been far less investment in India's dairy sector, which is not as developed as in its BRIC counterpart. However, earlier this month, Lactalis, the French dairy group and the third-largest processor worldwide, confirmed months of speculation it would enter India with the acquisition of local group Tirumala Milk Products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- General Mills invests in another US SME