BRICs and beyond: Lactalis enters India's promising - but challenging - dairy sector
Put next to China, there has been far less investment in India's dairy sector, which is not as developed as in its BRIC counterpart. However, earlier this month, Lactalis, the French dairy group and the third-largest processor worldwide, confirmed months of speculation it would enter India with the acquisition of local group Tirumala Milk Products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Industry awaits WHO reply on beefed-up ad pledges
- Focus: Does size matter for Thai Union Frozen?
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre
- Aryzta profits rise on M&A