Branding Up: Marketing Premium Own-Label Food Brands
The Best, Extra Special, President's Choice, Taste the Difference... premium own-label ranges are flourishing as consumers focus on quality as well as price. On both sides of the Atlantic supermarkets are marketing premium ranges to discerning shoppers - but some of the products are identical to standard ranges. Hugh Westbrook finds evidence of rebadging and asks whether it's all just a cynical marketing ploy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- ABF sees further grocery revival
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'