On the move: Marks transformed Co-op but more change needed
Peter Marks, the outgoing chief executive of The Co-operative Group, gave the UK retailer its shot at the country's grocery big league. But, as he prepares to leave the company, the UK's fifth-largest food retailer may have to refresh its grocery business to compete with the likes of Tesco and Sainsbury's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters