BRICs and beyond: Mengniu plays catch-up in infant formula with Yashili buy
Chinese dairy giant China Mengniu Dairy Co. just got bigger. It has entered into an agreement that will see it take control of local infant formula maker Yashili. Mengniu is looking to reverse its fortunes in a category in which it has struggled. However, with concerns over food safety remaining high, there is a long road ahead as the company - and the country as a whole - look to build a safe and reliable dairy supply. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO