Nestle first-half results – 8 things to learn
Nestle saw organic sales increase 4.5% in the first half of 2015 and confirmed it is on track to meet full-year guidance of growth of "around 5%". The company pushed through efficiency initiatives it is feeding back into marketing investment and said it is starting to see a turnaround in its problem areas - US frozen and China. However, the company remained cautious on the outlook for China while the impact of the Maggi recall in India weighed. Here are just-food's key takeaways from Nestle's first half.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix