BRICs and beyond: Nestle ups Chinese presence with Yinlu buy
Swiss food giant Nestle has expanded its Chinese footprint with the acquisition of a 60% stake in local food maker Yinlu Foods. The deal will widen Nestle's product offering in the market, grow distribution and significantly expand the group's Chinese sales. However, the acquisition's greatest upside is perhaps the local know-how that Nestle will gain by working with an experienced and trusted Chinese partner. Katy Humphries reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods