In the spotlight: Orkla praised for Rieber deal despite high price
Orkla, the Norwegian conglomerate with interests in aluminium and finance as well as pizza and chocolate, wants to focus on consumer goods. This week, Orkla agreed to buy local food group Rieber & Son and, although analysts expressed misgivings at the price it paid, they believe it is a sensible move from the company. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines