Own-label comes to functional foods
Marks & Spencer may be struggling but its food division continues to innovate. The UK high street favourite recently launched "& more," an own-label brand of functional foods delivering soy protein. How are they pricing these premium products? And if more retailers start doing functional foods for themselves, where does this leave manufacturers of branded foods? Dr Michael Heasman and Julian Mellentin of New Nutrition Business share their insight.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target