Focus: Packaging, provenance touted as ready meal drivers
Chilled ready meals is big business in the UK and it's a business still in growth. But only just about. Last year's horsemeat contamination scandal hit sales of chilled ready meals in the UK and the industry is looking at how to reignite the category. Innovation in packaging and emphasising provenance are being held up as ways to re-boot the sector. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- What could influence US healthy snacking market?
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- The top takeaways from IGD's Supply Chain Summit
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- PepsiCo trims staff amid marketing cuts talk
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- US FDA approves genetically engineered salmon
- ConAgra Foods to split into two