Focus: Packaging, provenance touted as ready meal drivers
Chilled ready meals is big business in the UK and it's a business still in growth. But only just about. Last year's horsemeat contamination scandal hit sales of chilled ready meals in the UK and the industry is looking at how to reignite the category. Innovation in packaging and emphasising provenance are being held up as ways to re-boot the sector. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What change at Hershey Trust means for Mondelez
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez abandons Hershey pursuit
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Samworth buys Euphorium bakery in UK
- Chobani expands into Mexico