Deal or no deal: ParknShop bidders must mull challenges in HK, China
In ten days time, Hong Kong retail-to-energy conglomerate Hutchison Whampoa will reportedly consider any offers that have come in for ParknShop, its supermarket chain. However, any interested parties need to consider the challenges facing ParknShop, operating in the saturated Hong Kong market and so far not enjoying significant inroads on the mainland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A